Before I knew it, I ended up with this:
Little Seal:"We have to eat it all up before they go bad!!"
Let's eat. Little Seal:"Ngom ngom ngommm"
Little Seal:"These look so yummy right?"
To make 12 muffins, you'll need:
2&1/2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
1 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped roasted walnuts
4. Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add sugar, walnuts, mixed spice and mix through. Make a well in the centre.
5. Mix together milk, egg and vanilla. Then pour it into the flour mixture. Then add bananas and butter.
6. Stir to combine. The mixture will end up being slightly lumpy but make sure you don't overmix the batter or the muffins will end up very tough.
7. Fill every hole till approximately 3/4 full.
10. And they are ready to be eaten~~~
My electric oven doesn't distribute heat properly so the ones near the edge ended up burnt but the middle ones were too pale T^T
The muffins were really delicious anyhow. I made 2 batches and ended up with over 30 muffins and my family gobbled it up in 2 days. The texture was light and fluffy and it wasn't too sweet.
Let me know if you end up trying this recipe out!
This is it from me this time. Please follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/lizchewy and/or weibo http://www.weibo.com/lizchewy
Until next time xoxo